Thursday, August 04, 2005

Under the weather

Definately feeling like life has run me over by a mack truck today.....so gotta look at the positives right!? Ok this is a picture of my first ever completed socks! I am so proud! And the recipient (my dad) seems pretty happy with them too if I do say so my self! :) He got exactly what he ordered....Thick winter socks to wear during cold Polish winters.....so what that I gave them to him in june....don't look at me like that.

Ok so I have a question....when sock patterns start the instructions for "short rows" what the heck to they mean by "contiune in this manner"? If it were me.....ALL THE FREAKING ROWS WOULD BE SPELLED OUT!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Ooops - edited that comment due to pure stupidity on my part.

Nice socks, especially for a first pair! Continue in the manner essentially means do the same thing over and over, usually so many times that writing it all out would take up a lot of space. Very soon you'll find that you really understand how a heel or toe is supposed to go, and you won't need things spelled out in as much detail. Then the fun is changing things around so they fit better or look the way you like.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf