Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why can't that cat just leave me alone

So I'm trying to get back to reading blogs and the following discribes the past couple of years.

"I once developed a theory of how life works. In this theory, the universe is a cat and we are its toy. It makes perfect sense. You know how there are times where it feels that every time you try to get up, you get knocked down again? Am I the only one who thinks that’s exactly how a cat keeps batting away at a toy (or mouse) over and over again, patiently waiting between each swat until the "subject" starts twitching again? Until you just can't do it anymore and roll over, bear your throat (yes, I’m aware that’s for dogs, work with me) and whimper uncle. At this point, the universe/cat gets back up, an expression of "well, all you had to do was say you needed a break" and walks away to wash its face while you catch your breath. When you're back up again, this time with feet firmly planted on the ground, it comes back and meows in your face to play some more. And that is the Cat Toy Theory in a nutshell."

I got this quote from Lene. This is our life in a nutshell if it's not a job change, then it's a house sale and move, then it's a death, then it's an injury. I need a breath.....I never thought I'd say this but CAT GO AWAY! We used to have months where the biggest decision was what movie to watch on the weekend.....now it seems like life or death (literally and figuratively) situations every day!

I am trying to get back to blogging.....and as a motivator I've joined International Scarf Exchange 7 so I will be somewhat motivated to update the blog for my knitee. I haven't gotten a match yet, so hopefully the hostesses got my application.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lene Andersen said...

I don't know what it is, but lately, everyone I know have had one calamity after another. I hope it lets up soon...

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf