Thursday, November 09, 2006

You know you're in Wisconsin when....

....you leave the airport and the first thing that hits you is the smell of cow manure. (I don't mean that in a bad way! I was a resident Cheesehead for a time!)

I have bent to the masses (ha!) and finished the Hubby sock! In my opinion, he seemed to be underwhelmed....sigh...oh well. I do like thses socks though, if I do say so myself....here are the best shots I could get.





Yarn: Lorna's Laces
Color: Denim
Pattern: Gentleman's Shooting Sock
Mods: You know I did Short row toes and heels!

Update on Knitbloggers for Blood:

-The lovely lady of Chewy Spaghetti has donated a prize for the drawing! So get donating, so you can win! Go to her Blog and link to her esty shop....I'll post a link soon.

-Kristen made a new button for the blog! Go steal it from the sidebar now...


Some of my lovely readers have requested an updated pic, showing my weight loss progress, so on our way out to a wedding this weekend, my hub snapped this.


Does it look ok?

Now for a question....what is THIS.....


....and HOW did it get here?!!!


Isn't the Traveling Knitter a sock knitter? Isn't that all we've seen here, on this blog? Where did this lace come from? What REALLY blows my mind is that this is over 1000 stitches already and it looks like NOTHING! Well, maybe there will be more progress on this lace THING, since I'm going on VACATION!!!!! I may have limited access to the internet but I'll try to post to show you where I am.


Last but not least.....hey Jes If I threw all the socks from my last post together, would that count as a "Sock Mountain"? Would Jordan enjoy that or would the pointy sticks be too much for her? :)

9 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Aren't you a hot momma!!

That sock is scary huge. You are a braver soul than myself.

Amy

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wisconsin is my dream state to live in. Maybe one day.

You look great!

Have a great time on vacation.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wisconsin is my dream state to live in. Maybe one day.

You look great!

Have a great time on vacation.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

You look amazing! Congrats on your loss ;)

You can make your own sock mountain, but you can only get creatures to lay on it, if they think you don't want them too. To get Jordan there, the key is to make her jealous by placing an irritated cat on it first. Then she's all yours!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but "huge man sock" is, well, funny :) That's amazing that you've lost so much, and while going through everything with your mother? Congrats to her that she's finally done with chemo - phew! You're looking great and should feel really proud.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Dobrze wiedzieć że u ciebie już wszystko w porządku. Fajnie wyglądasz w tej sukience, tylko przydał by ci się szal robiony na drutach :-)

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One sock down, a few more to go! You look wonderful all dressed up and should be very proud...it's hard to lose/keep off weight in the best of circumstances (holidays) but while caring for a loved one, it's even more spectacular.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you look so beautiful. I know you must be very proud. I love your hubby's socks. He will be grateful when he starts to wear them and knows how comfy they are.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on looking marvelous! We that have a lifelong issue with keeping it off are very, very proud of you! And, I seriously cannot believe the number of socks you have started. It makes my head hurt!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf