Friday, October 13, 2006

Socks Of Sorrow



Done
Yarn: Socks That Rock
Colorway: Tonalite
Pattern: Jaywalkers
Mods: Short Row heel and toe (DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!)

After my long absence I am back and hope to resume blogging. This has been, unquestionably the worst summer of my life. I'm glad it's come to a close, and hopefully I'll see the BEST holiday season of my life because my family and I definately need it.

My Mom was diagnosed with Angioimmunoblastic T-cell Lymphoma. She is on Chemo (Chop)and is physically doing ok. We are currently in a depression cycle of the illness process. Outlook for going into remission is gaurdedly optimistic.

My Debut back are my "SOCKS OF SORROW" I call them that for many reasons: they were knit during MANY family disagreements including tears and name calling, they were knit while in the hospital, they were knit while I was really too tired to knit and had to be frogged 3 times in an hour. Not surprisingly they have an issue, the short row feature of the socks do not work well with the jawalker stitch pattern....there is NO stretch. I was the only one who could battle them on my feet so they become mine, flaws and all.

I want to get back in to the swing of things and reconnect with my "peeps" so if you read this please let me know that you are out there.

I think it is significant that I (totally randomly)chose Friday the 13th for a comeback...start the ominous music.

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Welcome back Martha! I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing a better. Hope to see you soon.

Amy

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Oh honey, I'm glad to see you back. I hope that all of the family things get resolved and I'm sending positive thoughts to your mom!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, it's so good to hear from you again! Your mom has been adn will continue to be in our prayers. As Elizabeth Zimmerman said, "Knit on with confidence and hope, through all crises." Knitting's good for you and the stronger you feel the better you can be there for your mom.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Martha - I'm glad that your mom is doing better. The socks are very pretty and the color seems oh too appropriate. Sarah :)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

So sorry about your mom's illness, Martha. Your socks look great. I've traveled a lot for work, too -- I wonder if we're in the same profession?

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf