Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Mom is in the hospital and needs blood ASAP, and may need a lot more in the coming weeks. PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO IS A NEGATIVE PLEASE PLEASE ASK THEM TO DONATE ASAP. The blood has to go thru a bunch of screenings and stuff before she can get it so it will be a while before she can even get it.



Please make announcements where you can...at work...at church....at your knitting group....where ever.....I am very desperate.



When you donate say you want this to go to:

Elizabeth Miodonski

In Cook County Hospital in Chicago.



Thank you very very much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I don't have the right blood type for your mom, but your post did serve as the kick in the pants that I needed to make a blood donation appointment to donate at my local donation center. I used to donate regularly, but haven't done it for about 8 months... time to get back in the habit of doing it regularly!

Hugs to you, & prayers to your mom that she will get the blood and medical care that she needs to get better soon!

10:09 AM  
Blogger tenacious knitter said...

I'm so sorry, I checked and I can't give blood at this time - for anyone else who might not be sure, check this page http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html.

My thoughts are with you...

10:29 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Chris is A positive and he gives blood every quarter.... I am O positive the universal donor... does that count? I will get to the blood center....

4:37 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Martha. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Amy

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf