Thursday, June 15, 2006

Speaking of Socks...Uh I Mean Fathers' Day

Look what I made!



Pattern: Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Made from: Paton's Kroy Sock Yarn in Some sort of grey I freaking don't remember.
Needles: 2.5mm Addi Turbos (I think)
Mods: Short row heels baby!

They will be the gift of honor for my Grand-Father-in-law on Fathers' day! I'm hoping they will be a big hit. He was very jealous when I gave a clapotis to my mother-in-law on mothers day...he requested a shawl of his own....little did he know that these babies were on the way!

I haven't blocked/washed them yet, but when I do, I'll be blocking them on my newly made SOCK BLOCKERS!!! YOU TOO can make these babies! I conned my hubby into making them, and it took him 5 min to make these 5!!!! You want some yet? Ok go HERE!



Top fashion model simply known as "Pierce" agreed to model them for the general reading public. Be sure to leave a comment and let him know what you think....



P.S. The giant thing I was kitting in this entry is trying to be a warm hole-y shawl.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome sock blockers! The socks look great - can't wait to see how they look after blocking with your new blockers. How about some blocking progress pics of the blockers in action? :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh! think brian would make me a few ;) pretty please..... you finished those socks in a big hurry.... when you getting back?

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Awesome socks! I LOVE those blockers. What a fab idea. Not only is it cheap and useful, you can hang the suckers up and get them off the couch/bed/floor. Brilliant.

And that's one foxy cat. He should be in pictures.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conned into making sock blockers.............what can I say, I'm a sucker for a pretty face...........and for Martha also.........Just kidding.....Love you honey

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, the socks and kitty are both beautiful! I bet your gfil loved the gift. My dad wanted a shawl too. What is it with old guys and getting cold? I really miss having a kitty. Pierce is such hadsome fellow and makes a perfect model.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf