Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My fleece has been shorn!!!!

This has been a FO A LOOOOOONG YEAR AND A HALF in the making! I'm so happy it's finally happened....






Before





AND AFTER!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This really has nothing to do with knitting (besides the relation to "fleeces" being "shorn"), and NO the fleece is not going to be SPUN! I started growing my hair for Lock of Love. These folks collect human hair to make wigs for children with diseases like cancer that makes them loose their hair. I normally like my hair short, and it was tourture to have it so long. The heat in the last couple of days has pushed me over the edge to get it cut.

Here is a front shot.




And the final product, going off to a needy child!!




For those intersted, my "friend" is Lili. Besides my obsession with knitting, I'm also a some-time animal rescuer for Cat Haven, and today I spent the day at Petsmart trying to find Lili and Company a new home. Lili just crawled right up my shoulder and into my heart.



"Pick me, pick me!!!! I want to come home with you and play with your yarn!!!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you were beautiful, before and after the hair cut. But, even more beautiful inside for the effort means so much to the sick kids.

We've had so many cancer survivors and deaths in our family, that I've had to learn too much about what the hair loss means during chemo. When my little cousin died, her mom said at the viewing, "At least your hair grew back sweetheart."

On a much smaller scale, I lost most of my hair during due to rhumatic fever in college. I was near "death's door," but all I talked about in my doctor visits was that I was losing my hair. A young girl sees the world differently than an adult. My hair loss was so much more important to me than the heart damage, joint damage, or possible death I might have from the illness. The teen mind.......

Your foster kitty is lucky to have found such a good mom too. You make me ashamed I don't do more to benefit those around me, 2 and 4 footed alike!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

way to go girl! very good cause! your all about caring for others ;)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The new haircut is cute! Short hair is best for Houston summers, and you did something really nice for someone else. Locks of Love is such a great organization. :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

That is so awesome that you did that! I have been thinking about growing my hair enough for that too. Way to go!

The kitty is adorable. =)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf