Thursday, June 01, 2006

Time For a Break?

I've been working (clicking a mouse in a non ergonomically friendly enviroment for what feels like 24/7) and knitting ALOT recently, and as a result my RIGHT (ie clicking hand) is sore. Sooooooooo I'm here, after work, in my hotel room, in El Paso with a whole night ahead of me. So what is the recommendation? Rest and relaxation? Sleep to get rid of the bags and redness around the eyes?

Noooooo all I can think about is doing this......



These are plain vanilla short row toe and heel with 4x4 ribbing socks....just one of my many WIP's.




[Sigh] Ok, well since we all know how obsessed I am about knitting go here and take a look at my Mata Hari sock progress.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of hand soreness, please let me know!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

maybe you should knit up some cabled wrist warmers ;-) muhahahaha!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Your vanilla socks look great! The mata hari socks are awesome too. Do you like that pattern?

As for the wrist soreness I recommend IMAK wrist rests for work and sleeping with some ace style wrist braces on to help keep them straight at night. No tucking your hands under your chin and such. Also, laying your arms on some ice packs or getting those gel ice packs that you can wrap around and velcro on, are great. The cooling helps a lot.
Try switching up the knitting too. Bigger needles, smaller needles. Try learning continental or English or something different. I throw my socks, so I switch to continental on a bigger stockinette project to take a break. It helps a lot.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf