Friday, June 09, 2006

A Day At The Auction.

I heard from someone that June 10th was a "Knit in Public Day". Since, I will be at work on Jun 10th (and my clients don't appreciate me knitting at work, especially since I don't knit for a living, oh but only if that were true!!!) I decided to do my Knitting in Public Day early....so I present a day at the auction!



Here we see my Dad and I at a Richie Bros. Auction. And what is that? YES I am knitting a sock! Shocker, eh? Don't you love my Dad's camo shorts? Richie Bros is one of the world's largest auction companies. What? Never heard of them? Well you wouldn't have unless you were interested in buying a backhoe, and I don't mean the street-walking kind (but if you could, wouldn't THAT be an interesting auction). BTW RB Auctions is second only to this auction house. ;)

I've also decided, since I'm the Traveling Knitter, that I am going to do installments of the traveling sock a la Yarn Harlot, and for your viewing pleasure I have the first episode.



Here we see The Sock trying to jump into a boat, thank goodness my dad and his friend Robert (YES IT TOOK BOTH OF THEM!!) was there to catch it before things got out of hand. The sock is in my Dad's hand you can barely see it because he is embarrassed to be holding it.

In some further misadventures, The Sock insisted I pull over and let it have a picture of the Harley.



Dad's not QUITE as embarrassed about the holding the sock thing here...but he still didn't want to do it....he just did it so he could get on with life, because it would be futile to argue with me.

So how did you spend YOUR knitting in public day?

P.S. Jess I took your advice! I went from #1's to #35's to help with the hand pain! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh my god what are you knitting? ;) it's huge! i am so sorry i didn't get to spend time hanging with you at group :(

10:44 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

dzięki,że zostawiłaś swój komentarz u mnie.
Nie wiem co chcesz wiedzieć o polskiej społeczności dziergających. nie wiem nawet ile z tego zrozumiesz. u nas to nadal nie jest zbyt modne. u nas ludzie uważają zę robótki są dobre dla starych babć, więc rzadko robimy to publicznie. są po prostu zacofani. naszczęscie mamy internet i forum dyskusyjne, istnieje też kilka blogów, których adresy znajdziesz po prawej stronie mojego bloga. nie wiem o czym jeszcze mogę napisać, ale jeśli masz jakieś pytania to pisz.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Wow! Look at how busy that sock was. It gets around more than I do!

And, dear God, what the hell are you knitting? I'm not sure if you're knitting or pitching a tent, hehe

7:33 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Mamy spory wybór włóczek, ale nie tak duży jak w USA. nie mamy niestety ręcznie malowanych(hand-painted)boooo. u nas w Polsce robi się zwykle z bawełny lub akrylu. wełny jest raczej mało. ale to powoli się zmienia. mamy już gedifra, lana grosa - ale są one bardzo drogie jak na nasze warunki. marzę o ręcznie malowanych, Patons czy Debbie Bliss.
także ksiązek prawie u nas nie ma prawie.
obserwuję rynek od roku i zauważyłam że jest coraz ich więcej, ale nadal to śladowe ilości w porównaniu z Usa. Niestety. boooo :-(

8:27 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Love the pictures!

Amy

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha I love the traveling sock! Keep us posted!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had loads of fun at the auction! I don't thinnk the #35s are big enough. I think you should go bigger.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND thanks to Colin......the 35s are going to the knitting storage bag and Martha has now bought 50s.........I'm thinking of adding some tail fins to them and using them as model rockets............

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf