Friday, October 27, 2006

The Prize? Lorna's Laces BABY!

Thank you for the continued support for "Knitbloggers for Blood"! I've got some blood donations coming in, as well as prize donations from Yarntopia and Mama Llama. The first prize is out of my personal stash of Lorna's Laces....Color: Uptown.



Keep the entries coming so I can send these babies out! I will keep doing these drawings as long as I get donations! Enter as many times as you donate!!!

What else have I been knitting? Well, I knit these Chemo caps for my mom to wear while she is temporarily hair deprived.




The brown one is Shedir and the blue one is Odessa. Both were very enjoyable knits in two colors of the LOVELY Rowan Calmer yarn. Odessa was an easy knit with a pattern that is easy to memorize. Sedir was only a bit more complicated because of the chart involved.



A word about charts....I used to believe that I could only knit with charts at home with a magnifying glass with lots of light and a fist full of post-its. NOT so! I knit Shedir mostly on planes. I simply brought Scotch tape with me and taped the chart to the tray table in front of me and it worked Perfectly! It was even better than being at home because, the cozyiness of airplane seats let the the chart be right at eye level IN my face.



Odessa was altered slightly by not adding the beads. I felt that it may cause some irritation with a sensitive bald scalp, but I can't wait to make one WITH the beads.




I'll leave you all with a taste of fall from Illinios!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

The hats are great - both patterns I want to try at some point. Nice job!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The caps are beautiful Martha. I agree that it was a good idea to leave out the beads. We have a friend in the same situation and she complains that almost everything bothers her on the scalp. We're so used to having hair there to protect our heads that we don't realize how uncomfortable we would be without it. She's going to be so pleased.

11:06 AM  
Blogger tenacious knitter said...

I'm trying to get the hang of charts, but it's not coming easy - I'm so impressed with your Shedir!

And congrats to your mother and your family - chemo is a tough thing to get through. I think being a "survivor" means surviving the treatment! :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I envy you your Scotsman hubby! ;-)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf