Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It Ain't all bad...

This week me and the sock begrudgingly boarded a flight for the Hoosier state, very apprehensive about this weeks' work. And come to find out, I was totally right to be apprehensive....I was met at the airport with line "cutters", dealing with lost bags, dealing with work issues, getting yelled at very publicly for something totally not my fault, a very stiff neck from being hunched over a picnic table all day, and covered in oil from the floor. I thought the rest of the week was doomed, and it still may be (it ain't over yet!), but I walked into the hotel today and found out that I was the "guest of the day" and got upgraded to this...



It may not cancel out all the bad stuff, but it helps. BTW I had to restrain the sock from jumping right in!

Knitting stuff? You got it....this is what I'm working on right now.



Very nice diamond pattern from "Knitting Vintage Socks" By our friend Nancy Bush. Even though the yarn is varigated, the pattern doesn't seem to get lost in the colors...at least it seems like that to me....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock is gorgeous! The tub is, too... Here's to hoping your week improves rapidly.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Oh, gorgeous socka, Martha! You couldn't have picked a prettier yarn with that pattern!

I hope your week gets better, too! At least there may be some sense of cosmic justice-- the bathtub looks wonderful! Have a SAFE trip and a SAFE return!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm knitting the same sock! Only, mine has been in the knitting bag for months without much progress. I like the pattern too, but I picked a dark color and I have a hard time seeing the stitches after dark. I love the book.

I'm so glad you got the pretty room. Was the tub great?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Oooo I'm sorry for all that bad stuff, but at least the universe tried to balance out a little! The tub looks awesome.
The sock is very nice, but I'm sure glad it didn't jump in the tub or you might be giving it to a baby for booties ;)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope your week improved. The bath looks like it could make things better! I really like the sock pattern...I think you've inspired me :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger tenacious knitter said...

Welcome back! Thanks so much for your comments - it was good to see you around again. I finally caught up today on your latest entries, and I'm sorry about your mom. I know that having a family member go through this shakes everything up. But it seems you're finding ways to ground yourself - hang in there and don't let go! BTW great socks!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that your visit to our state went so poorly. Since it stunk, I'm going to say that I hope you were in Indianapolis, and not the southern part of the state. I like to think we've got better manners than that here. ;-)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf