Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!!!



This is a picture of me and my "cake". I don't like real cake so this is a frozen cheese cake courtesy of Sara Lee. My expression is due to the fact that the candles on the cake had a tendancy to relight themselves. This was post Birthday Meal at nice Indian resturant. Good food, good friends, good gifts (including yarn and knitting books) , life is good! :)



An FO
Yarn: Rowan Linen Print
Color: Crush
Pattern: One I made up consisting of lots of k2tog and YO's
Mods: It was ALL mods. :)
I wore it to my birthday....I love it...Rowan is a dream to knit and a dream to wear! Perfect for Houston winters. I really need something like this in Blue....

And in the spirit of Birthdays and gift giving Pierce would like to announce that Kristen has won the first Knitbloggers for Blood drawing!!!! Keep the donations coming! The next prize will be announced soon....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Martha. You pictures are beautiful. I love the shawl. I'm with you on the Texas winter plans. I'm casting on a new scarf. No mittens, hats, etc. You kitty is so cute.

Happy New Year.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I will try not be jealous that it is too warm for hats, mittens, and scarves there...the stole is pretty! Happy 2007!

2:48 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Happy birthday Martha! I love the look on your face.

Amy

6:45 AM  
Blogger Susie No Skates said...

You're birthday is on the 30th? Because I'm also a December 30th baby, and avid knitter.
Happy Birthday to us!
Also, my partner and I donated blood on the 28th of December, and I'd thought I'd let you know.
My partner is a whole blood donor, while I am able to donate plasma, and platelets when I feel able to be hooked up and drained for 1 1/2 hours. I'm adding your icon to our blog.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Nice shawl!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

The stole looks awesome, and very comfortable.

7:24 AM  
Blogger SusanKnits said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I was delighted to see another knitter from Houston, seeking yarns and patterns that can be worn here!

Loved your shawls and socks, too. I especially liked the socks for your hubby -- lovely stitch pattern.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf