Friday, October 14, 2005

All sorts of news!

Yesterday one of my oldest friends Marlanea and I went over to Zebo's in Katy to check out the Stitch and Bitch there......man were we pleasantly surprised. It was a miricle that it happened at all.....I am usually not even in the state of Texas on Thursdays and Marlanea lives in LAPORTE (it took all sorts of bribery to get her to get over here)! Well let me just tell you ladies.....YOU ROCK! I have some pics below but I'm a moron with names and I can't remember them or I assign them to the wrong person....so I'm sorry for the lack of captions!




As you can see I'm also a terrible photographer (gimmie a break it was dark! :) ). As a side note, we should SOOOOOOO caravan to the Kid N Ewe fest! My husband is willing to drive so we can knit! Isn't he lovely. :)

Ok time for a little game!!!! TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE!!!! I was reminded about this game last night and decided to give it a spin on the old blog.

Which of the following is a lie?
-I've been to a communist country.
-I have two BBA's (business degrees).
-I'm a computer geek....I know everything there is to know.

Back to knitting... I am new to the whole sock thing. I finished my 3rd pair of socks a few days ago and showed Pierce (one of the loves of my life).....the following is a documentation of his inspection.....



Uhhhhhh....this is INTERESTING.


Mom....I hope you don't with hold the Greenies for what I'm about to say but.....there is a small problem here.

Alas he was right......Ok so the bigger less comfortable sock needed to be ripped....but I surely wasn't going to undo hours of my life......I've given the sock to my husband....he promises that he will return it in a center pull ball. [Insert weeping here] Don't really know WHY my knitting was looser on the FIRST sock but there you have it. I used the same needles and Kroy sock yarn!!!!! Most of it from the same skein!!!!! I love the pattern which is "After Bertha" from SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS, but I'm obviously having some disfunction here.....hopefully it will work out on the second go-round.

One of the joys of my job is traveling all over the country hence to many a YARN SHOP. The following is my haul from Knoxville Tenn. from the Knit N Purl. Definately worth a stop when in the area.....I was only limited by my checked baggage allowance...otherwise there would be a TON more.


Sorry for the photo intensive post. Answer to "Two truths and a lie" next time!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Hi Martha,

It was great to meet you last night. We'll look forward to seeing you again.

Amy
Mom of the twins

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I knew the "2 truths" answer (one of the benefits of sitting next to you last night!) TOO funny!

I'm so sorry about the sock. I feel your pain, all too well. They ARE beautiful, if slightly mismatched! And it's wonderful to finally "meet" Pierce!

I'm so glad you were able to join us last night-- I'm looking forward to knitting with you again!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ack! what happened to that sock? nice shot of the cat.. i didn't see any piercings? great to meet you last night! can't wait to catch ya again...

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf