Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Love Lucy!

Well I got this new book called Cool Socks, Warm Feet....and guess what....I found out what that wierd thing my lastest socks were doing was the "laddering affect" or some variation of that phrase. Why is this the FIRST time I am having this problem!? Oh well, here they (well, it's only one sock so here IT is) for your viewing pleasure.




I don't know if you can see the ladders....they aren't that bad but they are driving me batty knowing that they are there.

I learned this, among many interesting things about knitting socks in Cool Socks, Warm Feet. This book just makes me realize how truly little I know about knitting. :) Lucy Neatby is a wonderful knitter....I love Lucy!

On to a different topic.....how does one combat knitters arse (you know the pheonomenon where your butt expands because you are knitting so much)? Has anyone come up with any solutions? I'm taking suggestions! Would it be possible to exercise while knitting? Like on a treadmill? Has anyone tried this? The problem is out of control and must be delt with.

I got these in Los Angeles....If you must have some too contact the Knit Cafe.

This Box came in the mail the other day...


...it is making me happy knowing that these poor skeins made it to my house where they will be well cared for....and not abused......My husband is worried.....he thinks I need therapy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Your socks are BEAUTIFUL! (I couldn't see the ladders, either!) I get ladders when I do socks-- I have heard that they lessen as you get more experience. (Amy doesn't get them b/c she knits tight-- go figure.) The important thing is if they are a gift, the giftee probably won't even know they're there!

I am so bad, I've taken to knitting in the drop-off line when I take DD#2 to school, then I continue at stoplights. (Don't tell Marlanea-- I'm asking for trouble, I know!)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband thinks you need therapy..............no...........but he does worry that all of the stray yarn is/will take over the house.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf