Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pierce

First on the agenda today, as promised, SECRETS OF A PIERCE CAT!!! ;) I belong to several online groups using piercethecat as my username. This has been the source of some confusion and today I am here to clear it up (in reality it's mostly because I love my Pierce and love any chance to post pictures of him. :) ). In one group it was suggested that the "pierce" in "piercethecat" was supposed to be a verb....as in taking a sharp pointy stick (not unlike a knitting needle) and poking a hole in him!!!! EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I cleared that up pretty quickly.....who ever that was must have been a cat hater!!! Another person suggested that perhaps "pierce" means that my dear kitten has some chic body piercings. Alas, this is also not the case. Pierce is actually named after one of the most gorgous men on this planet (number 2 right next my husband)....Pierce Brosnan (you know the OLD James Bond)....don't you see the resemblance?



What? Not even a little bit? What about all the similarities? The blue eyes!!! The dark hair!! Still no? Ok nevermind then.......

Second on the agenda today.....answer to Two Truths and a Lie!

-I've been to a communist country. TRUE! When I was a kid my parents used to take me to Poland (before the wall fell), in fact we used to fly to West Germany and drive through East Germany, so technically I've been to TWO communist countries.

-I have two BBA's (business degrees). TRUE! I have a degree in Marketing and Operations Management.....not that either of those does me any good. :)

-I'm a computer geek....I know everything there is to know. LIE!!! Even though I work for a software company I am a computer novice! I can't even reformat my own hard drive!!! :)



Thirdly, I have gotten some sort of nastly head cold...you know...the kind that makes your TEETH and HAIR hurt. I am taking some kick ass vitimins to battle the cold and I would tell you all about it except that Norma has already done it for me......read this post print it out and make it your cold and flu bible, it works!! By the way, the above picture of Pierce (the cat) is one that I took as he was comforting his mom in bed while she was sick.

Fourthly, Astros....you just better wrap things up in St. Louis tonight!!!

It does not escape me that this post had nothing to do with knitting. However, we will be back strong with knitting next time! I will even show ya'll progress on my stripey sock!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

damn your tricked me! i could have sworn you new everyting about a computer since you get paid to work with them!! wasn't softeare counted in the "geekdom" catagory?
too cool about being in poland before the wall fell..

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Hey, I see the resemblence between Brosnen and the cat. Maybe it's the "I'm cool, wouldn't you love to pet me" look he's got on there. Both of them have that look. ;)

you looked like you felt better today-- I hope the cold is gone! (cats are wonderful comfort, though!)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf