Saturday, October 15, 2005

Question: Who has a touch of the bird flu?

Answer: The Saint Louis Cardinals!!!! HHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!

I am so not a Baseball fan, except when the Astro's play Saint Louis....one of my good friends is from Saint Louis and is a die hard fan......I love to rub the salt in his wounds (he especially loves all referances to "bird flu")!

Well, I've decided to put the horror of the mismatched socks behind me and start on some new socks while I'm in Oklahoma City this weekend for work. What do ya think so far?




It is truely wonderous how much faster socks go on No. 3's vs. No. 1's! :) I know it looks like there is a wierd thing going on where one needle ends and another begins but I think that will look fine once I'm done (at least that is what I'm telling myself....I can't handle another sock tragedy right now). As a side note, there are some (Hint) who think that Kinky will be our next Gov. I don't know anything about him so I figured one of his mysteries would be the most painless of introductions (thus the stowaway in the pic above). :)

I've also decided to wait till next time I blog to do the conclusion of Two Truths and a Lie (for those of you on the edge of your seat), since some people don't actually check blogs on the weekends (What is that about!?)

On my first post I mentioned a sweater that I'm making for my dad....well it's gettting closer to done and I have some time, so here is a hint of what it looks like (only one sleeve showing since that is the only part of the sweater I could bring on the plane to Oklahoma with me).

There was some discussion at the SnB in Katy about the color of this, since it's for a MAN. I know it's a daring color....but my dad has blue eyes....I think it will be ok. It is knitted in Wool-ease, YES the one that has ACRYLIC in it! (GASP) However, let me ask you this....what other yarn would you use to make a sweater for a man who does his own laundry....case closed.

For those of you with back issues of Vouge Knitting and would like to see the sweater, it is in Winter '00/'01 #20

Next time.....secrets of a Pierce cat. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i am using plymouth encore and wool ease for my parents christmas gifts... they hate doing fancy laundry, if ya can't wash it in the machine they won't wear it!
i like the stips your doing on the socks:) yes # 3's go by very fast!!!!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf