Thursday, November 03, 2005

In Mourning.

In my Oct 14th post I described an event that causes sadness in every knitters' heart....the socks I've been knitting do not match in size and shape. I had the sock ripped and I quickly reknit it so I could send off the socks to a dear Aunt in England for her birthday this month.....and horror of horrors the sock did not match again.....FOR THE SECOND TIME!!!!! I've decided that the sock pattern that is plaguing me should be put aside to defeat another day. I made this decision while having a minor break down that I decided was entirely caused by knitting. I mean what else could have caused my breakdown? Could it be that my house is complete ruin due to painting and putting down floors? Nah! Could it be that all the "renovations" need to be completed by Thanksgiving, because I am hosting the whole family? No WAY! Could it be that I am traveling the whole month and thus unable to help speed things along? Definitely not! Maybe it's the fact that I have no "thanksgiving-type" recipes to make for the family that I love? COULDN'T BE! It must have been the cursed sock!

Ok enough of that.....Next time.....a mememe that I got tagged by Brynne to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

okay thats just wierd that it happened again! you have got to bring these socks to knitting group, i have never heard of such a thing?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I have recipes. Lots and lots. I'm happy to share. Williams-Sonoma has a great set-up for brining a turkey (involves a bag and a salt-herb mixture; should taste great!) and my mom always orders a Greenburg turkey. You can brine OR heat up a turkey while knitting something that isn't a turkey. I mean, socks. I'm REALLY sorry about your socks. They look cool, too, if mismatched. Bring 'em to our next meeting and maybe the girls can solve your problem. Amy, Brynne, and Catherine can fix just about anything!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf