Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just a WIP Udate

First up today.....


I've been thinking about the rug I've mentioned that I've been thinking about making. As you can see I've swatched part of a square. My problem has been that I can't find the right yarn. I've asked at various yarn shops about a useable yarn but everything has had the wrong gauge. I've found yarns that have the right gauge online, but I hesitate in making such a big purchase without petting the yarn first. The yarn above is plain old Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick. It's fiber content is 80%/20% acrylic/wool, but the up side is that it is soft and I think it would feel awesome under food, plus there is the cost advantage....I don't know what do to.....Please help!!!! I've considered making another rug from this book, but the yarn from that rug is discontinued too!!!! Does anyone know of good substitute for Classic Elite Yarn Waterspun Weekend?

The above is the scarf I'm making for my Internation Scarf Exchange pal. It's Silky Wool and taking forever....but it looks pretty good I think, no? I think my pal my know who I am but OH well, we are not the CIA here at Martha's house.

Here is a closer look. I can't seem to take a good picture....this was the best of the bunch.

And yes here we have YET ANOTHER PAIR OF BABY SOCKS STARTED!!!! Oh my it's a sickness.

And drumroll please....

I think that this will be my first pair of Socks That Rock that I will be knitting up. And my first pair of Addi Turbos that I will be using. I am trying to keep from casting on till our vacation in Tahoe (STARTING THIS SUNDAY!!!), but the desire is great! Patience young Luke Skyknitter.....get it? SKYKNITTER? Hee hee...Cuz you know I'm the TRAVELING KNITTER??? You know like Sky=Airplanes!!?? Hee hee.....I think that I enjoyed that just a wee bit too much. :) Ok I think I'm going to have to Hide the Zubrowka (Very good Polish Vodka, that makes my current favorite drink of the moment (IT TASTES LIKE APPLE PIE!)) I'm acting way too silly for this early in the day. :)

And finally dear knitters....today's photo of the day....

I know this is dark but I couldn't risk putting on the lights and waking all the parties up in this pic. If you look really hard there is a sleeping cat on both couches (on the head rest parts) and a sleeping husband in the middle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Skyknitter, Nice! I am a novice at picking out yarns, so I'm sorry that I can't help with your rug predicament. Tahoe, I'm jealous! Have fun fun fun!!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

have fun in tahoe, could ya stuff me in your suitcase? i alrady have a place to sleep in pollack pines :) love that scarf, you've come a long way on it... baby socks again! lookin' cute :) brandon and i are gonna show up for a little while tonight!

1:28 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Any super bulky yarn would work. Encore Mega is close in gauge to Waterspun Weekend.

Use the force to choose the right yarn path, Young Skyknitter.

Amy

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

The scarf looks great!

As for the rug yarn, I have no idea. I couldn't use most wool that would be good for a rug cuz I'm allergic to it and I'd have to walk everywhere with socks on =O
I think the wool ease seems like a good choice, especially since you're walking on it! You can always make another later ;)

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf