Saturday, December 17, 2005

Sock Yarn: MIA

Dear Travelling Sock Yarn,

You should have told me that you wanted to continue travelling without me. I would have understood. Hiding in the seat back pocket on that plane was very childish of you. If you didn't want to be turned into the stripey sock (that Catherine loves) I would have understood. I would have set you free and ordered a new skein. Instead you hid from me.....when I realized that you were gone I was frantic. I turned my other skeins lives upside down. There were tears. I thought I had FORGOTTEN YOU ON A PLANE!!!! But alas I now know that you wanted to spread your wings and fly away from me. No worries....I'm not bitter....much....you have been replaced with just a few clicks of a mouse and a enterprising Ebay seller. So I hope you are happy now......I hope some flight attendant found you and depsoited you in the bag with the dirty cups and peanut wrappers (where you belong).

Regards,

Martha

P.S. Should you turn up and should all this be a charade to stress me out, you will be destroyed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, I'm new to your site. I'm so sorry for your yarn's bad behavior!
hehe

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Oh, Matha, I'm so sorry. Every once in a while one comes across a project that just behaves badly, but you don't realize it until you've already invested time and LOVE in it! (I think the plane must be a black hole for knitting, anyway. I must've knitted backwards on the sock for my BIL, because I swear it was shorter (but fatter?!) when I got off the plane.) I'm sending happy thoughts to your ebay yarn, in hope that this newly adopted project is deserving of your love and attention.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the letter its hilarious! I'm glad you could find a replacement yarn so quickly. I hope your back is doing better!

5:25 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

That naughty little sock yarn! Causing you all that grief.

Amy

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this blog several times and love it still. Are you sure you were not meant to be a writer? I could read that stuff in a book!!!!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf