Monday, November 14, 2005

Gotta love Half Price!

Here in Texas (and possibly one or two other states) we have a little store called Half Price Books....you go in with your old books they buy them from you and then resell them for half the price on the cover (plus they sell other brand new books). I usually go to Half Price looking for non-knitting related books, because the knitting section sucks because no sane person would sell their precious knitting books......well imagine my surprise to find:



I don't already have it either!!!




And this!!!!



And what about this!!????

This last one I got at Hobby Lobby but it was still half off because they were having a sale.


Finally, I got a knitting related thing but I can't share here because it's for my Secret Pal for the International Scarf Exchange 2. I finally got my assignment!!! I am so excited. I am still in the thinking stages of figureing out what to make....my pal prefers lace scarves. Any ideas? I have done ZERO lace, and am at a loss.....I am thinking a basic intro to lace type scarf with a little heavier than lace weight yarn? Any help would be apperciated. :) Really I could just make a ribbed scarf in a fluffy cuddly yarn but why waste the chance to learn something new? Or am I deluding myself?

Well some of you may have noticed that there is a lack of updates on WIP's. Well it's not because I'm not working on my WIP's.....it's just that I'm working on all of my projects and not making extraordinary progress on any one of them. Does this happen to anyone else?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Branching Out from Knitty is a great beginner lace pattern. I love it so much I've made three.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I've got yarn to do Branching Out--because it looks fairly easy. I'll knit along with you, if you're interested!

You truly are a knitting goddess, under a beautiful knitting harvest moon, if you are able to find all those knitting books at Half Price books. I've only found a couple of musty, old (but not old enough to be vintage) knitting books at Katy Budget. Do the lace. You'll be fine, if this is the kind of knitting luck you've got going on!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i am going to do branching out for my pal! either that or drooping elm leaf...(similar to branching out) love your books... i am so jealous, i have been wanting knitting on the road :)

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha-
Sending you greetings from your ISE pal!! I can't wait to get started...
--Me

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf