Friday, December 09, 2005

Unexpected Treat.

Due to a Boo Boo on the part of my boss, I got to be home for 24 hours AND on a day that my knit group meets!!! Whoo Whooo.

Now I'm back on the road again where my last second is scheduled......I'm in LA today and I guess there are worse places to be. However, let me share this.....I knit on my sock OVER half the time I was DRIVING.....most of it on the highway. My average speed was maybe 15 mph. [sigh] At least I'm getting work done on my sock (which will go to my mom for Christmas if it looks good or I will keep if it looks like crap, ripping out a sock right now would make me cry).

Those that may or may not be wondering about my knitting "crisis" from next time....well I didn't rip my wip's.....I'm trying to finish them as soon as possible so I can start on projects that are "correct". The bad news is that I cast on for "Branching Out" from Knitty like 6 times and I'm going to have to do something different for my secret pal from the ISE. It just didn't look right and I didn't have the courage to continue.....I think I've lost some knitting confidence. However, Catherine asked me to teach her a new (to her) knitting concept!!! That's a confidence boost. She, in return, will be teaching me "Magic Loop"!! Whooo Score....

I've had a sweater for my dad done for 2 months except for seaming......Do you think he would mind gettting a sweater for Christmas that hasn't been seamed? Ok just the picture in my head with my dad and threaded needle in his hand makes me laugh....But I still don't want to do it!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a sweater for John done for months that needs to be seamed. I need to do it before he grows too much. Seaming is just no fun. Maybe we need to have a finishing party with no knitting allowed!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good luck getting your Christmas presents done. Driving in LA sounds like the pits! I'm also not looking forward to seaming a bag that I'm working on for Christmas so I'm all for a finishing party!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf