Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Record breaking FO in the new year!

My Hubby and I spent New Years Eve at one of our best friends house. Most of the time I was knitting and Brian our friends were playing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on PS2....I claimed that I had to finish the socks for all the babies I'm knitting for. :) I was knitting these for an Aunt but My friend has a friend who's baby was due on New Years Day, so I let her have them when I was finished so she could send them right away....because they won't fit the baby for long! Speaking of finishing...I finished these socks about 5 min after New Year! Is that a record breaking FO or what!!!??? I think this year I'm going to keep track of my FO in the Side bar....I just have to learn how....any volunteers to teach me or point me in the right direction?

Here we see my friend with the FOs in question.



Here is a close up for your inspection. :)


And here is an even closer look. :)

On New Years Eve, during the day, my wonderful friend Catherine thought of me on her way to one of our local yarn shops for a sale!!!! I hitched a ride with her and her very cute son Brandon. It was wonderful. Then afterwords, we went to an absolutely YUMMY Mexican resturant to eat with some of Catherines friends and family.

The following is my haul from the yarn shop

I've already knit a stole from this book, and I loved it so much I decided to get it so I don't have to keep borrowing this book.

Here we have more Addi Turbos in even more sizes!!!! I can't wait to start!!! Above the needles are a lovely surprise from Catherine for a birthday gift to make socks! It's Rowan (I believe) Cashcotton 4 ply Cotton/Cashmere blend, in a light lavender color, for the perfect warm weather socks! Thank you Catherine!
Since I'm the Traveling Knitter I have to have a guide to all the shops in the US right? This was an obvious choice. My hubby just shook his head when he saw this one.


Here is some more Classic Elite Yarns Premiere that I mentioned in an earlier post....it's what the baby socks are made of....so I decided I deserved big person socks out of this heavenly stuff too. :) The color is really a deep plum, the color in the pic is not really represented correctly. The book was actually a birthday present from the friend with the baby socks above.....she's already requested that I knit her a sweater from the book!!!

Speaking of my birthday, it was a wonderful party!!!! Everyone had fun (I think, I hope). And some people got a bit toasted....ok alot toasted....ok maybe it was the author of this blog. Don't look at me like that....it was my birthday and I could drink if I wanted to! :)

Ta Ta for now.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

What an awesome haul you made at the sale! (You know, you can NEVER have too many Addi-Turbos. NEVER.) You'll have to let us know if all that traveling you do takes you to some wonderful shops!

Happy, happy birthday, too! I'm so sorry I missed the festivities! Sounds like you all had a blast! and congrats on the FOs in the New Year! (They're lovely little-person socks, Martha. You do great work!)

3:56 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Happy birthday Martha! Boy did you make a haul at the yarn shop. Great choices!

Your socks turned out wonderfully.

Amy

5:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a haul! I'm jealous of all those addi-turbos. The socks are too cute and it was very nice of you to give them to your friend...I hope that means you'll understand that I gave your ornament to Wade's grandma :) I promise I will get yours to you soon. Happy belated birthday!!!!!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

your welcome! iwas just so happy to get you at last minute to spend the day with me :) my internet is working, and i may come to the meet tomm. need to swap more ideas before your tahoe trip! could you bring your ball winder to the coffe house? i need to rip out "the sweater"

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby socks are so lovely. What a haul from the LYS. You're going to be a busy knitter!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Look at those socks! And all that yarn! and the books! (so jealous!)

So where do you get a travelling yarn book? I wants the precious =)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf