Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Chirstmas Gifts!

The picture of the blue sweater below, was the major part of my Christmas knitting (for my Dad). The knitting was done 2 months ago but I did the finishing while I was in Chicago.....I hated every second....it wasn't done til the day after Christmas.



Look how excited he looks about his new sweater!!!


And here is the rear view. :) (Notice all the ends that needed to be weaved in.....Mom did that, bless her.)

But the above picture is how he really feels about the sweater. The sweater turned out to be a bit big, but he doesn't seem to mind.

In the picture below we have a scarf that I am working on for a gift...it's the Irish Hiking Scarf! I love this Scarf!!! I love the pattern and the yarn (Debbie Bliss Merino Aran). The one thing I don't like is the color.....I don't like it but it's one of the recipient's favorite colors.

VIEW 1:

View 2:

I think Aran knitting is my niche, I really enjoy it.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I had a great time in Chicago (the most awesomest place in the world). I visited the sacred place known as "THE FOLD". Toni and her lovely German Shepard were so welcoming and lovely!!! More about my adventure next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Lucky girl, getting to go to The Fold.

Your dad is a cutie.

Amy

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! I miss the Fold and I was just there in November...

6:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the sweater that you made for your dad! he looks good in that color! i have an isrish hiking scarf as well, it is half way finished! UFO!!!!!! soooo did you get soem socks that rock! i will call you later :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

That scarf looks great! I'm half done mine and I love to work on it too.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fluffy Knitting Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Beginner Babe
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf